Your privacy is important to me. It is Studentlife Historian policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across my website, Studentlifehistorian.com.
1. Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Disclaimer:
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “I”, “Me” or “My” in this Cookies Policy) refers to Studentlife Historian.
- You means the individual accessing the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Website (referred to as either “the Website”, “my website”, “website”)refers to Studentlifehistorian.com (Studentlife Historian).
- Service refers to the Website.
2. Information I collect
When you visit my website, my servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
I may also collect data about the device you’re using to access my website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What I collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to me.
I may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Social media profiles
- Date of birth
- Phone/mobile number
- Home/Mailing address
- Payment information
3. Legal bases for processing
I will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning I collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when I provide a service you request from me);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote my services, and to protect my legal rights and interests;
- you give me consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to me sending you my newsletter); or
- I need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to my use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
I don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While I retain this information, I will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, I advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, I may retain your personal information for my compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
4. Collection and use of information
I may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of my website;
- to enable you to access and use my website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve my website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about my products and services and information about third parties that I consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with my legal obligations and resolve any disputes that I may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
5. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
I may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- my employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition I run;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist me in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
6. International transfers of personal information
The personal information I collect is stored and processed in the Netherlands, or where I or my partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing me with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
I will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where I transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in my jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in my jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under my jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
7. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting me using the details below. If you ask me to restrict or limit how I process your personal information, I will let you know how the restriction affects your use of my website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that I hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information I hold about you. Where possible, I will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that I erase the personal information I hold about you at any time. You may also request that I transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information I hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact me using the details below. I will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: I will comply laws applicable to me in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that I have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact me using the details below and provide me with full details of the alleged breach. I will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of my investigation and the steps I will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from my e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact me using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
9. Business transfers
If I or my assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that I go out of business or enter bankruptcy, I would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire me. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire me may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
10. Limits of my policy
My website may link to external sites that are not operated by me. Please be aware that I have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
11. Changes to this policy
This policy is effective as of April 9 2021.
Copyright © 2021 Studentlifehistorian.com